Alcorn State University Residency Requirement – Effective Fall 2009:
- All fulltime students attending the university under the age of 21 who have completed 59 or fewer hours prior to the first day of classes for the term and are not living at the primary residence of their parents or legal guardians within a 40-mile radius of the university are required to reside on campus and participate in a meal plan.
- Attaining the age requirement does not void the contractual agreements made for housing; provided, however, that a student who will attain the age of 21 prior to the first day of classes for the following spring semester may request a one-semester housing contract/and further provided that a student under 21 who satisfactorily completes 60 or more hours during the first semester may be released from the second semester of the housing contract. A non-refundable application fee is required before the application can be processed.
- A student who is a military veteran with at least two years of service is exempted from these housing requirements.
- A married student, living with his/her spouse is exempted from these housing requirements.
- A single parent may also be exempted from these housing requirements if their child lives with them.
- Students meeting the 40-mile radius must complete the Permission to Live Off Campus Form. The form must be signed by student, parent or legal guardian, Notary and bear the seal of the Notary. Permission to Live Off Campus Form can be pick up in the Residence Life Office.