Office of the Bursar
1000 ASU Drive
Alcorn State, MS 39150
Monday - Thursday
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
University Bursar is also called a business or financial manager that is responsible for making sure that Alcorn State University’s budget and resources are used in the most efficient way.
The Bursar’s Office is primarily known as the Cashier’s Office within the Business office. The Bursar’s office is located on the 2nd floor of the Walter Washington Administration/Classroom Building Room 203. The Bursar’s Office responsibility involves:
- Student Billing
- Student Account Management
- Payment Plan
- Direct Deposits (Personal Checking and Saving Accounts or ASU Gold Card)
- Place Money on ASU Gold Card
- Place Student Holds for Non-Payment
- Graduation Clearance
- Distribute student, faculty, staff payroll checks
- Accept Payments via cash, checks, credit card (MC and Discover)
Payments received at the Cashier’s Office by 4:00 PM CST Monday – Thursday and by 3:00 PM Friday will be part of that day’s activity. Payments can be made online through Bill+ Payment Suite until 10:30 PM CST using the following sources:
- Financial Aid (must be logged in to Self-Service)
- Credit Card/Debit Card (MC Logo) and/or WebCheck
- Combination of Financial Aid, Credit Card, and/or WebCheck
Methods of Payment
Cash: At Cashier’s Office window only
Check: Web, window, mail. Make payable to ASU, student A# written on front. Third party checks not accepted. For each check returned by the bank unpaid, a $50 return check fee will be charged.
Credit Card: Web only. MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. There is a 2.75 percent convenience fee for credit card payments. This fee is nonrefundable.
Mail: (check or money order only)
Alcorn State University
1000 ASU Drive 509
Alcorn State, MS 39096
Pay Online (Tuition and room/board)
Online payments are made using the Bill+ Payment Suite. This system allows students to manage their account activity online, view bills, make payments and set up authorized users. Payment plans are also available to pay your balance in installments. Click the following link for important information.
Students may use AMERICAN EXPRESS, MASTERCARD, and/or DISCOVER to make payments. VISA will no longer be accepted. Students who wish to pay via checking account can use the WEBCHECK service. Be reminded that when you utilize WEBCHECK, funds will be deducted from your checking/savings account within 2 to 3 business days.
NOTE: Students may make tuition and room/board payments for the prior and current term only. Students will not be allowed to make payments for any term, if a hold is applied to his/her account. All holds must be cleared before any tuition payments are accepted. First-Time Freshmen will be allowed to pay fees online only after their schedules are reviewed and/or entered by Academic Student Support Services.
Before submitting your payment over the web, you must:
- Select classes for the current term.
- Check your account information for any and all balances due. Prior term balances can now be paid via the web using your credit card or by WebCheck. Please note that your prior term balance must be -0- before you can complete registration for the current term. Your online payment will not be processed if you have a prior balance.
- If you have financial aid but it does not cover all of your fees, you can pay online using a valid credit card or our WebCheck system. Please note that you must click on the Financial Aid link to accept or decline your award online before determining your remaining balance due and in order to pay fees online. If you receive federal loans as part of your financial aid package, please be sure to reduce your loan by 1.051% for a subsidized loan, 1.051% for an unsubsidized loan and 4.204% for a Parent Plus loan.
If you have questions concerning a prior bill, you must contact the Bursar’s Office. If your financial aid has not been posted for a prior term or if you are on financial aid suspension, you must contact your financial aid counselor.
If you are making a payment via the web, you are responsible for the complete payment of your bill; otherwise you have not completed registration.
NOTE: Paying your fees does not complete your registration process. Please note that your registration is not complete until you receive a confirmation page stating that you have successfully completed your registration. Please print a copy of this page for your records.
ASU Payment Plan
Alcorn payment plans are available online for students who need to budget their accounts. A down payment, which is the first payment plus a $50 contract fee, is required at the time of enrollment. The contract fee is nonrefundable. Three monthly installments are required by due dates set by the administration for each term. Failure to pay the deferred balance by the due dates will result in a late fee of 5%, collection activity, and may prevent future eligibility of the payment plan.
To view the plans available for enrollment, please visit Bill+ PaymentSuite.
Gold Card Payments (Online)
Students, faculty, and staff can make online payments toward gold card purchases. Please note that if the source is FinancialAid, your maximum is $1,000. For additional information about the ASU Gold Card, visit www.alcorn.edu/GoldCard.
Parking Permit/Fines (Online using BossCars)
Students, faculty, and staff can utilize the online payment system to obtain a parking permit and pay parking fines. Gold Card Funds and Financial Aid are not acceptable forms of payment for parking permits or fines. For more details, visit www.alcorn.edu/parking.