Office of Internal Audit
The Office of Internal Audit reports directly to the IHL Board and indirectly (for administrative purposes) to the Chief Executive Officer. The dual reporting role affords strength and autonomy.
Mission Statement: To assist management by providing an independent appraisal of operating systems, ensure sound accounting and administrative controls exist over all aspects of operations, provide assistance to external agencies on behalf of the university, and to provide feedback to management with respect to the following areas:
- The extent to which established policies and procedures are being followed
- Economic and efficient utilization of resources
- Objectives of the university are being met
- To evaluate the adequacy of accounting, financial and other operating controls and provide recommendations on effective controls at a reasonable cost
- To provide advice and guidance on new policies, systems processes and procedures
- To prove attestation in compliance with university policies and procedures and compliance with state and federal regulations
- To determine the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization in accomplishing its mission and identify operational opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements
- Perform annual audits and reviews and provide audit assistance to the Office of the State Auditor
This month's article is published by protivity -- a Risk & Business Consulting Company. You may also review previous articles usng the links below.
'A Global Perspective on Risk', published by the Institute of Internal Auditors